Foreign partners are keen to raise their stake in Indian insurance joint ventures, with the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) expected to consider stake hike proposals of Standard Life Insurance and Aviva Life Insurance at its meeting on 29 December.At its 228th meeting on 27 November, 2015, the FIPB had deferred a proposal by HDFC to transfer its shares so as to raise Standard Life’s (Mauritius Holdings) stake in HDFC Standard Life Insurance from the existing 26% to 35%.The FIPB also set aside Aviva Life Insurance Company India’s proposal to increase the foreign shareholding in the venture from 26% to 49% by Aviva International Holdings, UK, by transferring 23% stake being held by the Indian partner, Dabur.In the recent past, many foreign partners of Indian insurance companies have either increased their stake or have planned to do so, ever since the Modi government increased the foreign direct investment (FDI) limit for such foreign associates from 26% to 49% in March this year.The aim was to increase insurance penetration in India and enable the companies to raise adequate capital for expanding operations.On 17 December, Ergo International AG, the German insurance company that had 26% equity stake in HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company, increased its stake to 48.9% by acquiring 123 million shares in the joint venture, representing 22.90% stake.The shares were acquired at a price of Rs 90.97 per share, translating into a consideration of Rs 1,122 crore, HDFC said in a regulatory filing to the BSE.Pursuant to the deal, which will be subject to regulatory approvals, HDFC’s stake will come down to 50.7% from 73.6% held earlier.HDFC Ergo General Insurance’s gross direct premium for the first half of the current fiscal was Rs 1,593 crore. The company earned a net profit of Rs 68.9 crore during the period. In 2014-15, the company had earned a net profit of Rs 104 crore and its gross written premium was Rs 3,257 crore.HDFC Standard Life Insurance’s total premium collection was Rs 6,590 crore for the first six months ended 30 September, 2015.There are 24 life insurance companies, including LIC, operating in India. The total amount collected by way of premium was Rs 7,553 crore in November this year and Rs 74,550 crore till November this year, marking an increase of 17.03% for the nine month period over last year, according to Life Insurance Council.While state-owned LIC is the biggest player in the business, other prominent companies include SBI Life Insurance (JV with BNP Paribas Assurance), ICICI Prudential and HDFC Standard Life.On 25 December, Tube Investments of India said it had approved the sale of 14% equity stake in Cholamandalam MS General Insurance to its joint venture partner Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Japan, for Rs 882.67 crore. The transaction, which will be subject to regulatory approvals, will increase Mitsui’s stake in the joint venture to 40%.
Mirza Fakhrul Islam AlamgirTerming Rangamati gun attack a well-designed one, BNP on Tuesday said violence and criminalisation by miscreants is growing centring elections in the country for lack of democracy and atmosphere for credible polls, reports UNB.”Bangladesh has got affected with the disease of terrorism. BNP considers killing of any people in terror attacks is a hateful act. I think the attack on election officials at Baghaichhari is a well-planned one. I strongly condemn and protest the incident,” said BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.In a statement, he also demanded the government identify the attackers and mete out exemplary punishment to them.At least seven people, including an assistant presiding officer, were killed and 13 others injured in a gun attack on a vehicle of a motorcade carrying election officials and law enforcers in Baghaichhari upazila on Monday evening.Fakhrul said ruling party men themselves are indulging in violence and killing for establishing their supremacy in the voter-less upazila elections.”The criminals in their localities got encouraged to grab power through the midnight ballot stuffing during the 11th parliamentary election,” he observed.The BNP leader also said the ruling party leaders are now in a competition of capturing local power through vengeful acts as they do not have any accountability to people.He also alleged that people are getting killed in different dangerous incidents as ruling party men has taken violence and hatred as their political programme.Fakhrul claimed that people did not respond to Monday’s second phase of ‘unilateral’ upazila election as they do not believe that any credible election can be held under the current government.”The current government has moved away from people’s confidence. A one-party rule has been the only means for the government to cling to power,” he said.The BNP leader alleged that the government is using the state machinery to eliminate the opposition. “The government wants to stay in power by creating panic among people and threatening them.”He prayed for salvation of the departed souls of the gun attack victims and wished early recovery of those injured.
We were proud to stand – with all our @Colts – for our soldiers, our flag, and our National Anthem ?? pic.twitter.com/mkZiKMkPDD— Vice President Pence (@VP) October 8, 2017 Updated Monday 8:20 a.m. ETPresident Trump on Monday defended Vice President Mike Pence’s decision to walk out of Sunday’s NFL game between the Indianapolis Colts and the San Francisco 49ers in Indianapolis.Trump tweeted, “The trip by @VP Pence was long planned. He is receiving great praise for leaving game after the players showed such disrespect for country!”The president’s response comes amid suggestions by some media outlets and on social media that Pence’s protest was a publicity stunt engineered by Trump.The trip by @VP Pence was long planned. He is receiving great praise for leaving game after the players showed such disrespect for country!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 9, 2017 The original story continues belowVice President Pence was so offended by kneeling professional football players that he left a game Sunday between the Indianapolis Colts and the San Francisco 49ers.I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country. I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2017“I left today’s Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence, a former governor of Indiana, said in a statement.“While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don’t think it’s too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem,” the statement opposing the protest continued. “I stand with President Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and our National Anthem.”But first, the moment was commemorated with a photo of himself and second lady Karen Pence while they stood, hand over hearts, for the anthem.It appears the choice to leave did not belong to Pence or his wife alone. According to Trump, it was his idea.“I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country,” Trump tweeted, adding that he was proud of the couple.Standing for Anthem wasn’t something that I spoke to Colin about sat. I relayed what had been reported about him standing in the future…— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 8, 2017Only members of the 49ers knelt for the rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” — a symbol of protest not against the flag or the song but against institutional social injustice and the violence perpetrated by police against black men. Colts players stood, linked arm in arm.The controversial practice of kneeling during the anthem was started by former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who has yet to be signed to a new team after his contract with the 49ers expired last year.In an on-camera report on Sunday, CBS reporter Jason La Canfora said Kaepernick would stand for the anthem if he was signed to an NFL team.1) Just got a message from @Kaepernick7, who says he has not discussed with anyone his plans in the event he is signed by an NFL team.— Full Dissident (@hbryant42) October 8, 2017“He’s not planning on kneeling … and he’s planning on standing for the anthem,” La Canfora said.But after the story began making headlines, La Canfora backtracked tweeting, “Standing for Anthem wasn’t something that I spoke to Colin about.” He was merely relaying what had already been reported about Kaepernick in other outlets, La Canfora wrote, adding, “what he would do during the Anthem I do not know.”Kaepernick has not denied La Canfora’s claim outright, but he has been retweeting others who have responded to the CBS sports reporter. Among them is the quarterback’s own girlfriend, Nessa Diab, who wrote, “The reports that Colin will stand for the anthem are completely false! He has never discussed this with anyone.”Howard Bryant, an ESPN Magazine columnist, also weighed in on Twitter with what he said was confirmation from Kaepernick.“Just got a message from @Kaepernick7 who says he has not discussed with anyone his plans in the event he is signed by an NFL team,” Bryant wrote.The president has been railing against the NFL over the league’s tolerance of the sustained demonstration. Trump has repeatedly called on team owners to fire all players who kneel during the national anthem.At a campaign rally in Alabama last month, Trump shouted, “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a b**** off the field right now’?” he said to roaring applause.The statement by the president, and the subsequent Twitter storm he unleashed, renewed a national debate over players’ First Amendment rights and also pitted NFL owners and players against the president, inspiring many of them to kneel or link arms in the game that followed.By walking out over the kneeling, Pence hasn’t just stirred the stoked the flames of the controversy, it has also kicked up a new dust storm: criticism over the cost of the vice president’s protest of the protest.Hawaii Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz was the first to raise the issue.“Wait,” Schatz wrote on Twitter. “This was orchestrated to make a point? That’s not an inexpensive thing to do.” Share
It’s not only women who need skincare products to maintain their skin and avoid future problems such as wrinkles, acne and roughness, men too need the right treatment for their skin. Using organic face oils and under eye creams can do the trick.Experts talk about the importance of men’s skin care:4Men’s skin is generally oilier than that of majority of women which leads to acne issues. Hence, using face gels helps to prevent the same and is highly recommended. Facial gels also help you avoid pigmentation and blemishes. Also Read – Add new books to your shelf4Men’s skin has a tougher tone and dark patches as they shave regularly. Just using an after shave is not enough. Again, using a simple facial gel or organic face oils post a shave is highly recommended. 4Men with their their stressful work regime are prone to puffy eyes and eye bags that can be cured by under eye creams made specifically for their harsh skin. 4It is a known fact that their skin tans easily as compared to women and hence using day creams with SPF is a must for men on a daily basis. This is not a cosmetic procedure but simply a health measure for the skin. 4 Men’s skin needs hydration too. Skin dehydration is a major problem that leads to breakouts and dry patches. Hydrating sheet masks are the solution to this common issue. Using sheet masks may sound feminine but are made for men too. These are an important night routine to let the skin breath and avoid dryness.
Last month, the team at Eclipse announced that Eclipse now supports Java 12. What are the latest changes in support with Java 12 Updated project compliance and JRE Eclipse comes with project compliance and JRE updated to 12 that changes the current project to be compatible with Java 12. Preview features Users can enable preview features in Java 12 by selecting Preferences > Java > Compiler > Enable preview features option. Users can further configure the problem severity of these preview features. Set enable preview features The issue with the Enable preview features option in preferences has been resolved. Configure problem severity of preview features Configure problem severity is now provided to update the problem severity of preview features in Java 12. Default case has been added Add ‘default’ option is now available to add a default case to the enhanced switch statement in Java 12. Missing case statements An option to add missing case statements has been provided for the enhanced switch statement in Java 12. Java Editor In the Java > Editor > Code Mining preference, users can now enable the Show parameter names option which will show the parameter name in method or constructor calls. Java views and dialogs An option to control the comment generation while creating module-info.java or package-info.java is now available. To know more about this news, check out the post by Eclipse. Read Next Eclipse 4.10.0 released with major improvements to colors, fonts preference page and more Eclipse IDE’s Photon release will support Rust What can Blockchain developers learn from Eclipse Attacks in a Bitcoin network – Koshik Raj