Blues legend Lampard hails Kante

first_imgEmbed from Getty ImagesChelsea legend Frank Lampard believes N’Golo Kante is even better than former Blues star Claude Makelele and on current form is the best central midfielder in the world.Lampard has previously likened his ex-Chelsea team-mate Makelele to Kante, who has been outstanding since his move to Stamford Bridge from Leicester.But his performance in Monday’s FA Cup victory over Manchester United further convinced Chelsea’s record goalscorer that Kante is on a another level.Speaking on the BBC, Lampard said: “I compared him to Claude Makelele last season, but he’s got even more to his game than Makelele.Kante scored Chelsea’s winner against United“I would go so far as to say N’Golo Kante is the best central midfield player in the world right now.”Lampard was also full of praise for Eden Hazard, who could not be suppressed by United despite being the victim of some crunching challenges from the visitors, particularly in the opening 25 minutes of the game.Lampard said: “Eden Hazard has been incredible. I was lucky enough to play with him myself and I saw the potential in him as a young player.“Great ability, very carefree kind of player, very laid back off the pitch, but when he plays he has that magic.”“And once he gets into those central areas he can add goals and assists to his game and move himself into the real top bracket of world football.”See also:Chelsea see off Man Utd to set up semi-final clash with SpursMourinho tells Chelsea fans he is ‘still number one’United’s treatment of Hazard annoys ConteChelsea v Man Utd player ratings Ads by Revcontent Trending Articles Urologists: Men, Forget the Blue Pill! This “Destroys” ED x ‘Genius Pill’ Used By Rich Americans Now Available In Netherlands! x What She Did to Lose Weight Stuns Doctors: Do This Daily Before Bed! x Men, You Don’t Need the Blue Pill if You Do This x One Cup of This (Before Bed) Burns Belly Fat Like Crazy! x Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy x Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Brand South Africa is now on Instagram

first_imgCatch all of South Africa’s picturesque moments on our new Instagram page. (Image: Brand South Africa)Brand South Africa has now joined Instagram. You can experience South Africa’s natural beauty and awesome people wherever you are. So join us on our journey.We are a warm people living in a beautiful country. We are a country of 52 million stories. We want South Africans to tell their own story. It is for this reason we have launched our Instagram page today.In celebration of the launch, we’re giving you the chance to win a weekend getaway in South Africa for two.Upload an image of your South Africa and tag @BrandSouthAfrica with #IHeartMySA. The picture that best illustrates the love for South Africa will be deemed the winner.We want you to share your pride in our sports teams, your love of being together, the natural beauty of the world we live in. We will share our warmth, the good times we share with our extended families. We want you to tell the stories of your success and the better world we are creating.Using the #IHeartMySA, we will inspire each other to show off the best of us. We will build themed collages showing off South African’s national pride and the hospitality of our neighbours.The prize includes accommodation at a four-star resort with breakfast and dinner for two. It excludes any travel and extra costs incurred by the winners. For more information, have a look at the terms and conditions.So don’t hesitate to follow us by using the handle @BrandSouthAfrica.See you on Instagram.last_img read more

Fajardo: San Miguel can’t start flat again

first_imgEthel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Conflict of schedule reason for nat’l team departure, says Daquis Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netSan Miguel may have won handily in Game 2 of the 2017 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Finals, 102-88, on Friday, but June Mar Fajardo remains wary against a motivated TNT side ahead of Game 3.“We didn’t expect this. But TNT is a strong team so we have to focus on our game plan for the next game,” he said in Filipino.ADVERTISEMENT Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games WATCH: Firefighters rescue baby seal found in parking garage World’s 50 Best Restaurants launches new drinking and dining guide MOST READ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’center_img Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Though San Miguel equalized the best-of-seven series to one game apiece, Fajardo noted that there are areas of concern for the team.The biggest fault in the Beermen’s game was their lackadaisical start, where they fell to an early 17-0 hole before Arwind Santos came off the bench and spurred the rally.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“That’s one thing. We can’t start flat in the first quarter. If we could go hard, we should go hard immediately. We’re just lucky we still got the win,” he said.Fajardo, though, commended San Miguel’s defense after that forgettable six minute-stretch to open hostilities. What ‘missteps’? LATEST STORIES 1 dead in Cavite blast, fire Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken Locking down on defense after that sluggish start, the Beermen reversed the roles in the second frame, holding the KaTropa scoreless for seven minutes as they grabbed the lead and never looked back.“We had a better defense and it’s credit to my teammates,” he said. “They saw that I’m having a hard time defending TNT’s import and they helped me. Our coaching staff had a good adjustment, and kuya JayR (Reyes) and kuya Yancy (de Ocampo) taught me on how to defend the import better.”After two games, Fajardo knows the series is bound to be a chess match and San Miguel is expected to also make adjustments to be in a better position to snag the all-important Game 3 on Sunday.“We were able to adjust from what they did in Game 1, so we expect them to do the same for the next game. We’ll see what we can do more for Game 3,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more

left A painted line marks the sun shadow of th

first_img >>left>> A painted line marks the sun shadow of the South Vault at the exact time of the Equinox at 12:22 pm. >>right>> This is the first celebration on the new extension deck of the foundry. [Photos & text: sa] September 28, 2004 The Fall Equinox was celebrated on September 22. with an all-department picnic at the Arcosanti Foundry. [Photo: Yuki Yanagimoto & text: sa] >>left>> A view from the foundry roof. >>right>> Foundry crew Ben Powell and Tom Sargent flip lots of burgers and vegi burgers. [left photo: Yuki Yanagimoto, right photo & text: sa] Paolo Soleri speaks to acknowledge the work on the new extension and explains a movable system of garment architecture that will shade the structure. More on this event will be posted on 9/29. [Photo & Text: sa]last_img read more

Rep Frederick supports money saving measures for Michigan families

first_img Categories: Frederick News 16Feb Rep. Frederick supports money saving measures for Michigan families Bills provide tax relief, end driver responsibility feesState Rep. Ben Frederick this week supported two bipartisan measures that aim to ease burdens on Michigan families.The first would end driver responsibility fees effective Oct. 1 and forgive outstanding debt associated with the fees.Frederick said the fees, which were enacted by a previous administration to fill a budget shortfall, resulted in financial hardships for families across the state.“Driver responsibility fees created a huge economic barrier for many families,” said Frederick, of Owosso. “Because of the fees – which are charged on top of normal fines and court costs – many people least able to pay found themselves in increasing debt and without driver’s licenses for many years. That resulted in a Catch 22 where people couldn’t make payments to the state because their lack of a license prevented them from securing a job.”The bill package ends the fees on Oct. 1 and forgives all outstanding debt in connection to the fees. The legislation also creates a grace period from enactment of the bill thorough Dec. 31 that enables affected residents to get their driver’s licenses back without paying a $125 restoration fee. People on monthly payment plans will receive immediate forgiveness, and others may participate in workplace development training programs to regain their driver’s licenses prior to Oct. 1.Frederick also voted in support of a plan to cut taxes for Michigan residents.The plan continues and increases personal exemptions for Michigan taxpayers and their dependents on state income taxes, potentially saving families hundreds of dollars overall.“I know there are many households in Shiawassee and Saginaw counties that need and will welcome this much-deserved tax relief,” said Frederick. “That we have been able to move these measures through the legislative process in a bipartisan fashion is further proof that this is the right policy for our state.”The bills ensure Michigan taxpayers will be able to continue claiming personal exemptions on their income taxes, a necessary step after federal tax reforms signed into law in December. The measure also increases the state personal exemption from the current $4,000 to $4,900 by the 2021 tax year.The technical fix related to the federal reforms saves $170 per person per year – or $680 for a family of four – on state income taxes. The plan to raise the personal exemption to $4,900 provides an additional $102 in additional annual tax relief for a family of four.The legislation also allows taxpayers in Michigan cities with an income tax to continue to claim exemptions.Both measures were approved in nearly unanimous bipartisan votes by the House and move to the governor’s desk for consideration.###last_img read more