To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Research conducted by John Bell from Oxford University in the United Kingdom found the accuracy level of the test kits was much lower, causing the British government to cancel orders for rapid test kits from China.A non-peer review study conducted in Spain by MedRxiv-arkaiv showed that the test kits only had around 47 percent accuracy levels. The study found that the test kits showed false negative results in more than half of 55 positive COVID-19 samples that were tested through polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests.Despite some research having questioned Biozek’s accuracy, the brand is still on the list of recommended rapid test kits produced by the COVID-19 task force. The Presidential Palace also uses Biozek to rapid test guests.COVID-19 national task force chief Doni Monardo said the government still prioritized PCR tests to accurately test the virus.Read also: COVID-19: Indonesia secures 50,000 PCR tests kits to expedite mass testing”We all know that rapid tests have low accuracy. That’s the reason the World Health Organization has not made rapid tests the sole indicator of detecting the COVID-19 virus and still prioritizes PCR tests,” he said on Monday.He said the government was currently working hard to increase the nationwide PCR testing capacity to 10,000 specimens per day.”The President has asked for an increase in staffing in all the labs. We’ve asked the labs to recruit new staff including personnel from the Indonesian Military and the National Police who have the capacity to conduct lab testing,” he said. (nal) However, an OCCRP investigation revealed that the Biozek test kits were not manufactured in the Netherlands but in China, allegedly by a company called AllTest Biotech Co. Ltd. and were rebranded by Inzek.Inzek’s CEO Zeki Hamid admitted that the Biozek test kits were produced in China. He said the official website did not intend to claim the test kits were manufactured in the Netherlands but only “as a Netherlands’ brand”, and the “made in the Netherlands” claim had been removed from the site.Read also: From test kits to robots, Indonesia develops locally made devices to aid COVID-19 battleAlthough AllTest and Inzek claimed that the test kits have around 90 percent accuracy to test immunoglobulin, a type of antibody formed by plasma cells when someone is infected by a virus, several research studies have shown otherwise. Topics : Hundreds of thousands of rapid test kits imported by the government from the Netherlands were made in China and have low accuracy, a report by the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) has revealed.State-owned Indonesian pharmaceutical company Kimia Farma imported 300,000 of the testing kits early in April from a pharmaceutical company in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands, called Inzek International Trading BV.Kimia Farma’s strategic direct procurement assistant manager Fandji Yudha Yudistira told tempo.co he had gone to Apeldoorn to check the test kits before the purchase. Although he did not see the production, he believed the test kits, called Biozek, were manufactured in the Netherlands. Biozek’s official website also claimed the same.
IKM said it has passed the final inspection for the delivery of hot tap gooseneck spool for the Statoil-operated Johan Sverdrup project.IKM Ocean Design has been working on this EPC project since March 2016, and the delivery has been approved 1,5 week ahead of schedule.The Johan Sverdrup hot tap operation subsea is planned for summer 2018.Johan Sverdrup gas will be exported to Kårstø via an 18-inch pipeline, tied into the Statpipe rich-gas leg from Statfjord with the aid of hot tapping and connection to a 30-inch retrofit tee.“The engineering has been challenging both with respect to mechanical/hydraulic design and advanced analyses to confirm the design both for retrofit hot tap tee, hot tap ball valve assembly and gooseneck spool delivery,” IKM stated.The Johan Sverdrup field is due to come on stream in December 2019, and to continue producing for 50 years.
DOLE-6 discourages personal follow-up of application as aprecautionary measure against COVID-19. Applications from employers may be emailed to the following DOLEoffices in Region 6: DOLE will evaluate the application within three working days thennotify the applicant through electronic mail if the application is approved ordenied. * Guimaras – firstname.lastname@example.org * Capiz – email@example.com The documentary requirements are the following: Target beneficiaries are formal sector workers or those connectedwith private establishments that have adopted Flexible Working Arrangements(FWAs) or temporary closure during the COVID-19 pandemic. * the form may be downloaded from the DOLE Region 6 website(ro6.dole.gov.ph) * company payroll for the month prior to the implementation ofFWAs or temporary closure * Negros – firstname.lastname@example.org This is part of DOLE’s COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP)to “mitigate the adverse economic impacts and reduction of income brought aboutby COVD-10 pandemic,” said Sabrido. According to DOLE Region 6 information officer Niezel AnenSabrido, the “one time financial support” is P5,000 and non-conditionalregardless of the worker’s employment status. If approved, DOLE will release the financial support direct to thebeneficiary’s payroll account through bank transfer. Possible grounds for denial of application are the ineligibilityof applicant, misrepresentation of facts in the application, and submission offalsified or tampered documents. According to Sabrido, DOLE-6 also has a package of assistance toworkers in the informal sector – the TUPAD #BKBK program (Barangay Ko, Bahay KoDisinfection / Sanitation Project). ILOILO City – Workers in Western Visayas’ private sector adverselyaffected by the community quarantine due to the coronavirus disease 2019(COVID-19) may avail themselves of financial assistance from the Department ofLabor and Employment (DOLE). * Aklan – email@example.com “Hatagan silasang emergency employment maximum period of 10days, ang bayad P395 per day. Ang ila actually obrahon mag-disinfect sa mgapanimalay kag magpangtinlu,” said Sabido. * companies must also submit the bank account details of theirrespective affected employees * Antique – firstname.lastname@example.org * Iloilo – email@example.com Sabrido said it is the employers themselves who must apply for theCAMP and process the requirements. * establishment report on COVID-19 form, as required under LaborAdvisory No. 9, Series of 2020 The local government unit itself should endorse to DOLE-6 the listof qualified persons for this program./PN
Versailles, In. — Ripley County Tourism Commission executive director, Katherine Taul has announced her retire. Terri Trowbridge has been selected to assume her duties.For the last 16 years Taul has been a key player in the Batesville Regional Fine Arts Fair, Friends of Versailles State Park, Art in Nature classes, the Ripley County Farmer’s Market, World of Faith & Cultures and Ripley County Farm Tours. She has also been involved in regional projects like the Indiana Wine Trail, John Hunt Morgan Civil War Trail, Southeast Artisan Trails, Underground Railroad Trails, Bicycle Trails of Southeast Indiana, Indiana Pathways Scenic Byway, Historic Michigan Road Scenic Byway and the World Muzzle Loading Shoot.She coordinated the Indiana Bicentennial Torch Relay through the county and other activities surrounding the celebrations through 2016. The Director also coordinated some events for the Milan ’54 Hoosiers Basketball Museum. The Director has also assisted many tourism-related businesses and organizations in the county through the years. She has also set up tours through the county for a variety of visitors.Taul will now finish the term of a board member that recently resigned.“I feel so blessed getting to know so many good people through the years with the Tourism, and have worked on some fantastic projects, “ Taul noted, “I have really enjoyed my time working to support our small businesses and bring people into the county.”Trowbridge is a Versailles resident who worked with the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association for 21 years as their Director of Publications. She looks forward to working with the Tourism Bureau and hopes to continue the fine programs that Taul started.
Sydney: Cricket Australia (CA) has been accused of creating a “win-at-all-costs” environment which led to a recent cheating scandal and the reputation of one of the country’s most loved sports being damaged.An independent review released on Monday called CA “arrogant and controlling” and suggested that steps be taken to make sure that the ethics of the game are being upheld by the governing body, report Xinhua news agency.In March, three players including captain, Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner received 12-month bans for ball tampering during a test match against South Africa.The incident was a blow for fans already disillusioned by recent poor behavior which differs greatly from that of a game historically defined by its sportsmanship and led many to question the state of play.For this review, players were interviewed and surveys were conducted, with anonymous respondents directing criticism at CA.“CA does not handle situations well when it goes against them — they revert to bully tactics or worse, ostracising,” a survey respondent said.“The core complaint is that the organization does not respect anyone other than its own,” the review stated.Additionally, the report recommended that player behavior is considered during team selection, stating that “selectors be required to take account of a player’s character as well as their skills as a cricketer when making a selection.”Smith and Warner are two of the top performers on the team with Smith considered among the greatest batsmen of all time, however, even before the ball tampering scandal the pair had a reputation for leading a volatile team.Following the release, players responded by revealing a “pact” which they hope will give those at all levels of Australian cricket words of guidance during the upcoming summer — a season which for many is defined by the sport.The pact says, “we recognize how lucky we are to play this great game. We respect the game and all of its traditions. We want to make all Australians proud.” IANS
The No. 1 USC women’s water polo team takes great pride in its defense, but Thursday’s 18-4 thrashing of unranked Long Beach State at McDonald’s Swim Stadium was a celebration of the Women of Troy’s offensive prowess.Quick fire · Senior utility Forel Davies had a hat trick by the time the first period ended on Thursday and finished the first half with five goals. – Gary Fung | Daily Trojan Facing Long Beach State for the third time this season, the Women of Troy (13-1, 2-0 MPSF) overpowered the helpless 49ers (7-13) on the offensive end of the pool. Led by senior utility Forel Davies, who scored six, USC totaled 10 scores in just the first 12 minutes of the contest. And as usual, USC coach Jovan Vavic was quick to credit the defense for the success.“Our defense was very good,” Vavic said. “We played very disciplined defense, we showed hands, and we didn’t commit any silly ejections. And then, we were able to convert our shots. Pretty simple.”But it was Davies who got the team on track in the early minutes. The senior, whose previous career high for single-game goals stood at three, recorded a hat trick within the first quarter alone to help ignite the rest of the offense.“Lately, I’ve been trying to play the game more than anything else,” Davies said. “I’m really just focusing on having fun and being patient. That really helped to calm me down and not be jittery early on.”But for USC, it wasn’t a one-woman show that powered them to a victory. In addition to Davies’ six goals, eight other players found a way to get on the scoreboard, including junior driver Joelle Bekhazi, who also netted a hat trick, including two in the second half.“I know this is cliché, but teamwork was a big part of the win,” Davies said. “We just try on focusing on setting each other up and being positive and happy when other people score.”Even with a lead in the early parts of the game, the Women of Troy refused to be complacent as the game wore on, scoring eight second-half goals to cap an impressive outing.“We stayed focused,” said Vavic on his team’s consistency throughout all four quarters. “The last couple of games, we didn’t play that great in the fourth quarter. So this was just a better performance throughout the entire game.”Balance remained one of the team’s strong suits against the 49ers, as the defense was seemingly as stifling as the offense was proficient. Facing an aggressive front, Long Beach State was unable to get on the scoreboard until the latter minutes of the first half when a Krizia Cerda shot snuck past USC senior goalie Tumua Amae.But it wouldn’t be until midway through the fourth quarter the 49ers would score again on Amae, who finished with 13 total saves.“We were focused, but [Long Beach State] is still a very young team,” Vavic said. “That youth showed today.”Even while notching yet another conference victory, the Women of Troy won’t be getting much rest anytime soon, as they are scheduled to face No. 14 San Diego State on Saturday at home. A win would mark their 12th straight in the season as they head toward the heart of Mountain Pacific Sports Federation play.San Diego State (16-10, 0-4) is coming off a disappointing loss to Hawai’i in which utility Amber Pezzolla contributed a hat trick, but the Aztecs were unable to muster enough to hang with the Rainbow Wahine.Pezzolla is the Aztec’s leading scorer with 42 goals on the season, and also leads the team in assists.Containing Pezzolla and getting past goalie Kelly Campoli will be key to any success the Women of Troy hope to have against the Aztecs.
Betway takes sponsorship of South African Cricket teams July 2, 2020 Share Betfred counters Oppenheimer bid in race to rescue Phumelela August 26, 2020 Kenyan sports betting group SportPesa has announced its entry into the South African gambling market by agreeing a four-year ‘Official Title Sponsorship’ deal with Cape Town City FC.The bookmaker secures its four season shirt sponsorship deal, ahead of the start of a new South Africa Premier Soccer League (PSL) season beginning this 18 August.Updating the media, SportPesa management branded its Cape Town City sponsorship as a ‘landmark deal’, as the betting group looks to expand its services within new African markets.Cape Town City FC Chairman & Founder John Comitis welcomed SportPesa as new title sponsor, a committed brand within African football which has a further international presence having agreed partnerships with English Premier League sides Everton, Southampton and Arsenal FC.“It is exciting times for the club. Sponsors like SportPresa are enablers. They enable clubs like Hull and Everton. They are a betting partner of Southampton and Arsenal, and they originated out of Kenya, sponsoring two major clubs Gor Mahia and AC Leopards as well as the league.”“The decision to partner was more than a partnership, it was a footballing decision to open doors for this club. It gives exposure and access to players in an endeavour to have a team to compete at the highest level. It is a brilliant sweetener to kick off the season”. Share BtoBet refines African SMS payment options with Tola Mobile August 20, 2020 StumbleUpon Submit Related Articles
French news sources report that Emmanuel Macron’s En Marche government is planning to sell a 50% stake in national gambling operator Francaise des Jeux (FDJ).The sale forms part of Macron’s modernisation of French enterprise, where En Marche will seek to privatise a number of state-owned assets.For a number of years, French policymakers have mooted the sale of FDJ, the national operator of lottery and licensed betting-point terminals.As part of En Marche’s ‘France business innovation program’, Macron seeks to divest the state’s holdings in a number of public utility enterprises, which are reported to include; national airports, rail, motorway and postal services.FDJ is reported to have been branded as a ‘non-strategic state asset’ for En Marche’s long-term business program.The French government is reported to have appointed BNP Paribas to commission a stock market flotation, seeking to sell an initial 50% stake held by France’s state investment firm APE (Agence des participations de l’État).The sale of FDJ, would represent one of the first initiatives undertaken by En Marche’s modernisation program, with the government seeking to sell its majority stake by the end of 2018.The French government would still maintain a 25% equity in FDJ. However, business news sources report that the government would be prefer to sell its remaining stake to private institutions, ending France’s state relationship with gambling. Submit Vbet sponsors AS Monaco as Ligue 1 kicks off new season August 24, 2020 Share StumbleUpon FDJ’s ParionsSport launches sponsorship programme for French amateur football August 24, 2020 Winamax maintains Granada CF sponsorship despite bleak Spanish outlook August 19, 2020 Related Articles Share
MASON CITY — Groundbreaking ceremonies will take place next week for a Minnesota tomato producer’s new growing facility on Mason City’s south side. Bushel Boy Farms of Owatonna produces hydroponic tomatoes, meaning that they are grown without soil but instead using mineral nutrient solutions in a water solvent. Bushel Boy is placing the new facility on an 80-acre development south of 43rd Street Southwest and east of Pierce Avenue. The $35 million development will include a 16 to 17 acre greenhouse along with a 50,000 square foot packing house that is expected to bring about 50 full-time jobs to the area. State officials recently approved a Revitalize Iowa’s Sound Economy grant of up to $555,000 to assist in the expansion of South Monroe Avenue to provide primary frontage access to not only the Bushel Boy facility but also for potential other developments. Groundbreaking will take place at 10 o’clock next Wednesday.