Dancehall star, Alkaline, is back on the streets again.The DJ, was released without charge by homicide investigators in Kingston on Monday afternoon, hours before an order issued by a Kingston Parish Magistrate that he be charged or released by 6:00 PM the same day.The judge made the order following an application submitted to her by Alkaline’s attorney, Peter Champagnie.The artist was taken into custody on Thursday last week after he was named as a person of interest in the murder of Rohan ‘Head’ Morris, who was killed gangland style at his Three Oaks Gardens home in Kingston on January 13.The entertainer has taken to social media to proclaim his innocence and also begged the media to desist from spreading rumors about him.The police have not been forthcoming on whether they will seek to charge the popular DJ in the future.
A Palm Beach County middle school teacher is wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on child pornography charges, the agency has reported.The FBI has identified the teacher as Corey Dejuan Perry, 33, who taught at H.L. Watkins Middle School in Palm Beach Gardens. Perry has gone into hiding after FBI agents conducted a search of his home on Friday. The agents seized computers and other devices that implicated the accused rogue teacher.Officials say Perry posed as a girl and tricked boys into sending him explicit photographs and video footage of themselves via electronic mail or social media.Police suspect some students at the middle school appear to be victims.Authorities say Perry is the subject of a federal arrest warrant for production of child pornography and receipt of child pornography and enticement. The school district has since suspended Perry.The FBI said Perry was last seen in West Palm Beach five days ago. Authorities are urging the public to call 911 if they see him.The FBI says if any parent or guardian believes their children had electronic or social media contact with Perry, they’re asked to call authorities and preserve the content as possible evidence.
Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief is channeling her passion for the local arts community by issuing the first student art contest to recognize talents of Broward County’s youth.Broward residents in grades 9-12 who attend public, private or home school are eligible to submit work for the Mayor’s Art Challenge.Monday, August 28th is the deadline for students to submit their application. These can be found on the Cultural Division’s calls-for-artists page. Students will need to submit their application with digital images of the artwork (up to two entries), a parental release form and indicate their County Commission District via the submission website.Winners will notified in SeptemberMayor Sharief and all Broward County Commissioners will select one first place winner and one runner up from each of the nine districts in the County. Winners will be notified in early September. The winning artworks will be auctioned off at the Mayor’s Gala on October 21st.. Proceeds raised will directly benefit the United Way charity organization. Winning artists will be recognized at a County Commission Meeting hosted by the Mayor.Accepted mediums:Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)Collages: must be two-dimensionalPrints: lithographs, silkscreen, block printsMixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.Computer-generated artPhotographsAbout the Broward Cultural Division Broward Cultural Division is a local arts agency, one of thousands, across the U.S. providing financial, technical and marketing assistance to artists and arts organizations. Broward County has nearly 1.9 million residents, 15.4 million annual visitors, 10,000 artists, 6,291 arts-related businesses employing 23,498 people, 823 not-for-profit cultural organizations and 31 cities, some of which operate their own arts councils and public art programs. information about the Broward Cultural Division call 954-357-7457
The Trinidad and Tobago government says it has not endorsed the use of “BarterCoin Exchange nor an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) here and warned the public to be extremely careful.In a statement, the Ministry of Finance said it has noted the recent international trend “of what is termed ‘digital currency’ and locally, the proposed launch of a BarterCoin Exchange and an Initial Coin Offering in Trinidad and Tobago.Gov’t hasn’t endorsed BarterCoin“The Ministry of Finance advises the public that, it is not associated with, nor has it endorsed a BarterCoin Exchange nor an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).”It said that the regulatory body for investments in Trinidad and Tobago, The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), recently stated it has “not as of this date” approved any ICO.“The ongoing offerings are unregulated and speculative investments, with considerable risk to the investor,” the Ministry of Finance said, quoting the SEC as indicating that further risks include heightened potential for fraud and “the fact that the products and those selling them may in some cases not be subject to regulation, [may] expose the investors to fraud.”Related: Montserrat to use digital Eastern Caribbean dollars with blockchain startupBeware cross-border distribution risksThe Sec has also warned of cross-border distribution risks, “where the issuer may be operating the ICO from outside of the investor’s jurisdiction, therefore, following the money in the event of a collapse of the ICO as well as recovering invested funds, may prove extremely difficult [for the investor.”The Ministry of Finance said that it should also be noted that the proposed BarterCoin Exchange, has not received the approval of the Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago.“Based on the foregoing, the Ministry of Finance advises members of the public to exercise caution when engaging in any form of investment and when in doubt, seek the advice of the Regulatory Bodies – The Securities and Exchange Commission and/or the Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago,” the statement added.
Answer: It’s important to understand that there is a big difference in the immigration process between a U.S. Citizen sponsoring a spouse and children, compared with a Resident. Spouses, minor children and parents of U.S. Citizens are in a special category called “Immediate Relatives”, which means that they can immigrate immediately and don’t need to wait in visa waiting lines. Each immediate relative is sponsored directly by the U.S. Citizen and no dependents can immigrate along with them. So, when a U.S. Citizen sponsors a spouse and minor child, a separate form I-130 must be filed for each one. This is in contrast to the rules for spouses and minor children of Residents, which allows one I-130 form to be filed which can include the spouse and minor children together to immigrate as a family. The downside is that there is a visa waiting line of 1 ½ to 2 years and spouses and minor children who are inside the U.S. and not in legal immigration status are generally not eligible to obtain a Green Card. So, in your case, you had no choice but to wait until you obtained your U.S. Citizenship in order to your wife and step daughter so that they can adjust their status inside the U.S. and obtain a green card. However, a separate I-130 must be filed for your step daughter. And most importantly, in order to obtain a green card, both your wife and step daughter must each file a form I-485 (along with forms I-765 for work authorization and I-131 travel permit) in order to obtain work/travel permits and residency. The filing of only the I-130 for a relative inside the U.S. does not result in any immigration benefits until the residency application is filed. Let us know if you would like us to handle your family’s residency cases. Question: My husband has his green card for over 18 years now and never filed for citizenship because he can’t read. He never wants to talk about it. As his wife I am the only one who knows the truth, his kids don’t even know. He is 60 and we got married a few years ago but he can’t file for my papers because I came here legal but I let my status lapse. Since he is a resident, we were told I cannot get my green card through him until he is a citizen. We both feel bad about it, I can’t drive and I have to take the bus to work and that sometimes worries me because I hear about immigration raids on busses, so I want to get some help. I want to find out if there is someplace near Fort Lauderdale where he can go to learn how to read and write. Even if it costs money I don’t care, we have to do it. Thank you for all your help.Answer: Yes, absolutely, nearly every community offers free literacy services to help those who need to learn to read and write, as well as U.S. Citizenship classes to help residents study for the exam. You can find literacy classes for your husband in your area by going online and typing in “adult literacy.” Question: I got my citizenship last month and so filed the 130 form for my wife and her daughter who is 6 years-old. They have been here for a few years out of status after coming her on vacation. my question is this, the letter I got from immigration only has my wife’s name on it, not my step-daughters so we was concerned and called the immigration and was told that the application only covers my wife. I don’t understand because I listed both names on the application as wife and child. Can you please help us figure this out?
The Athletics Federation of Nigeria have released a list of 14 track and Field athletes, headlined by Blessing Okagbare and sprint hurdler Tobiloba Amusan bound for the 2017 International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World Championships in London, England, from August 4th to 13th.At least six of these athletes will be first timers at the championship in London – hurdles sensation, Amusan, who only just scooped a title at the Warri Relays will for the first time test her form against the best in the world.Another athlete making her championship debut is Ese Brume was the best Nigerian performer at the Olympics, where she missed out of a medal after placing 5th overall in the Long Jump.Blessing Okagbare will lead the pack to London in August, having appeared at the mundial four times, competing in the Women’s 100m and Long Jump. Blessings illustrious career includes winning a Silver and Bronze medals at the 2013 World championship in Moscow.Yinka Ajayi, Patience Okon-George and Margaret Bamgbose will compete in the Women’s 400m. While Silver medalist at the Baku games, Glory Onome Nathaniel will compete in the 400m Hurdles.Nigeria will be represented in the men’s Shot Put by Chukwuebuka Enekwachi, but missing is Stephen Mozia who also made the qualification time. Edose Ibadin will compete in the 800m, a first time Nigerian appearance in the event at the championships.And finally National champion Onome Nathaniel, who won a silver medal at the Baku games, will also make his debut at the championship in the men’s 400m. Nigeria however will have no representatives in the Men’s 100m and triple Jump, as National champion Seye Ogunlewe didn’t qualify and African champion, Tosin Oke are noticeably absent on the list. Related Nigeria have never won a Gold medal at the championship, but a total of eight medals – four Silver and four Bronze medals.
The country will also host next year’s Championship for African Nations CHAN.RelatedDoha 2019: MoS Inaugurates Committee To Review “Abysmal Performance of Team Nigeria”October 21, 2019In “Athletics”South Africa Unveil 127-Man Squad Ahead Of Asaba 2018April 16, 2018In “Athletics”CAA Asaba 2018: Ogba Condoles With Kenya Over Death Of Former World ChampionAugust 8, 2018In “Africa” The Athletics Federation of Kenya is set to bid for the hosting of 2023 World Athletics Championships, according to reports reaching www.busybuddiesng.com.The announcement was made at a ceremony that welcomed home Team Kenya from the just concluded World Championships in London.Team Kenya finished second at the World Championships in London with 5 gold, 2 silver, and 4 bronze medals, and is considered a power house in world athletics.
England and Germany became the latest European countries to book their place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup after respective wins over Slovenia and Northern Ireland.In Group F, Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane scored in added time to give the Three Lions a slim 1-0 win over Slovenia at the Wembley Stadium. The goal was enough to seal the team’s place in Russia next year.England’s home nations’ rivals Scotland are up to second in the group after a 1-0 home win over 10-man Slovakia courtesy an 89th minute own goal from former Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel. Slovakia battled hard despite Robert Mak’s early dismissal but they were denied a point by the late Scotland goal.In Group C, world champions Germany will have a chance to defender their title in Russia after they won 3-1 against hosts Northern Ireland to book their place. Sebastien Rudy, Sandro Wagner and Joshua Kimmich gave the Germans a 3-0 lead before Josh Magennis’ late consolation for Michael O’Neill’s side. Northern Ireland need at least a point in their final game at Norway to qualify for a playoff spot.Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski became Poland’s leading scorer after he netted a hattrick in a 6-1 away win at Armenia. The Group E leaders now need just one point in their last game against Montenegro at home to qualify for Russia 2018.Group C:Northern Ireland 1-3 GermanySan Marino 0-8 NorwayAzerbaijan 1-2 Czech RepublicStandings:Germany 27 pointsNorthern Ireland 19 pointsCzech Republic 12 pointsNorway 10 pointsAzerbaijan 10 pointsSan Marino 0 pointGroup E:Armenia 1-6 PolandMontenegro 0-1 DenmarkRomania 3-1 KazakhstanStandings:Poland 22 pointsDenmark 19 pointsMontenegro 16 pointsRomania 12 pointsArmenia 6 pointsKazakhstan 2 pointsGroup F:England 1-0 SloveniaScotland 1-0 SlovakiaMalta 1-1 LithuaniaStandings:England 23 pointsScotland 17 pointsSlovakia 15 pointsSlovenia 14 pointsLithuania 6 pointsMalta 1 point Related2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Review (UEFA): Poland Become Sixth European Nation In RussiaOctober 9, 2017In “FIFA”2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Wrap (Europe): Former Winners Spain Book Russia SpotOctober 7, 2017In “FIFA”Denmark Thrash Ireland To Qualify For Russia 2018November 15, 2017In “FIFA”
Betway takes sponsorship of South African Cricket teams July 2, 2020 Share Betfred counters Oppenheimer bid in race to rescue Phumelela August 26, 2020 Kenyan sports betting group SportPesa has announced its entry into the South African gambling market by agreeing a four-year ‘Official Title Sponsorship’ deal with Cape Town City FC.The bookmaker secures its four season shirt sponsorship deal, ahead of the start of a new South Africa Premier Soccer League (PSL) season beginning this 18 August.Updating the media, SportPesa management branded its Cape Town City sponsorship as a ‘landmark deal’, as the betting group looks to expand its services within new African markets.Cape Town City FC Chairman & Founder John Comitis welcomed SportPesa as new title sponsor, a committed brand within African football which has a further international presence having agreed partnerships with English Premier League sides Everton, Southampton and Arsenal FC.“It is exciting times for the club. Sponsors like SportPresa are enablers. They enable clubs like Hull and Everton. They are a betting partner of Southampton and Arsenal, and they originated out of Kenya, sponsoring two major clubs Gor Mahia and AC Leopards as well as the league.”“The decision to partner was more than a partnership, it was a footballing decision to open doors for this club. It gives exposure and access to players in an endeavour to have a team to compete at the highest level. It is a brilliant sweetener to kick off the season”. Share BtoBet refines African SMS payment options with Tola Mobile August 20, 2020 StumbleUpon Submit Related Articles
Share Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) B2B provider Oulala has continued its network expansion by striking a two year deal with Safaribet Kenya.Under the terms of the deal Oulala’s Iframe and then API will be involved in the integration, with an official launch scheduled early next year.Valery Bollier, Chief Executive Officer at Oulala, said: “We are very pleased that Safaribet has become a new member of our Daily Fantasy Football network. “While most iGaming operators have begun to acknowledge the growing need to offer new types of products in order to attract younger generations, Safaribet’s team made a crucial step forward as they truly understand the benefits of offering our DFS product.”Safaribet Kenya, a sports betting company who are seeking to break into the East African Market, is to imcorporate Oulala’s DFS product into their online sports betting services for all major sports including football, basketball and ice hockey among others.Imran Premji, Chief Executive Officer of Safaribet Kenya, added: “We are known as a vibrant, disruptive sports betting brand that likes to cut across barriers and drive social interactions, so offering daily fantasy football games fits perfectly into our vision of connecting with our customers on an emotional level.“I think that with Oulala’s platform we will further enhance our market position and really capitalise on the World Cup next year.”A deal with Safaribet Kenya follows the recent agreement struck with Marsbet, which will see Oulala’s football management game implemented into its iGaming Platform.This first of its kind agreement between a licensed B2B skill game operator and an iGaming company, will ultimately see Oulala implement its game across the Marsbet Group.Oulala, licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority, has also secured white label agreements with Bravio Gaming and Orange Africa, in addition to a partnership with Game Interaction Group. Soft2Bet continues new market drive with Irokobet launch August 26, 2020 Share Kansspelautoriteit enters into MoU with Malta Gaming Authority August 28, 2020 StumbleUpon Alberto Alfieri: Leading the way for Gamingtec’s B2C growth August 25, 2020 Related Articles Submit